Welcome to Week 2!
1. Start tracking your period by marking the first day and last day of your last menstrual cycle (if you can remember)
2. Begin doing this every month, every time you begin spotting or bleeding, mark this on your calendar.
3. If you prefer to download a period tracking app, there are many: Clue Period & Cycle Tracker, Ovia, Flo (I really like Clue)
4. Journal: Observe what gets in the way of you completing your assignments and journal about your process.
Time: 60 min
1. Watch Video
2. Rest is key to bringing the menstrual cycle into balance, and at times this change of behavior alone can result in problems in the cycle or hormones being resolved on their own.
Take a moment to journal and reflect on the following questions:
a. What are your thoughts about rest during your period?
b. Think back yourself as a young girl, what were you taught about your menstrual cycle? What images did you see in the media? How do you think this effected your relationship with your monthly cycle?
c. Do you embrace the idea of a sleepy, restful, hibernation during the period?
d. What activities do you feel you can put off in order to rest during your period?
e. What activities would be challenging to put off in order to rest during the period? Can you think of any ways to modify these activities so they are not as depleting?
f. Are there any individuals who you think might be opposed to you resting during your period? How might you handle this situation?
3. Now that you already marked the timeframe of your next cycle on your calendar, take some time to envision how you might make this a special time for yourself. Can you go food shopping a couple of days before? Can you make a nice stew? What else can you do for yourself during this time? Who can you ask to support you?
4. Take inventory of your current period care products. Can you trade out some of your tried and true product for those that are free from pesticides and herbicides? Below is a resource list of products that I recommend!
Natural Product for Holistic Period Care:
Disposable Pads: NatraCare Plastic Free Organic Pads
Washable Cloth Pads: GladRags , Etsy- Look for Organic Options, Make your Own - Sewing Pattern
Period Underwear: THINX Organic
Menstrual Cups: OrganiCup